Good morning friends,
The bad news – it is not completed yet; the good news – I made progress.
The bad news – it’s a slow and painstaking process; the good news – I found out that I have about close to 150 sets of stamps
The bad news – I had to cut them all apart to fit them into CD cases; the good news – by separating them from their original sets, I am not locked into a specific way to use them and I am using each of them more.
Enough of my ramblings … here are my work-in-progress pictures.
I have taken them out of their plastic sheets they came in and put each image into their CD cases;
labelled the CD cases,
and they all go into boxes I bought from Ikea sorted by categories. I have created 7 categories:
1) Alphabets (letters, numbers, punctuations)
2) Celebration (birthday, new house, new baby, graduation, wedding)
3) Design (flourishes, texture, backgrounds, borders, tags)
4) Holiday (x’mas, easter, valetines, halloween, 4th july)
5) Misc objects (collage, objects)
6) Nature (flowers, leaves, animals, critters)
7) People (here is where I put my magnolia stamps and images of people)
8) Sentiment (text, greetings, dates)
There are some stamps that would fall into more than 1 category – I put those in the category I would most likely use/find them.
Here is where they sit in on my closet.
My next step is to label those boxes and create an inventory binder of all my stamps so I can find them in the boxes.
I can’t wait to finish this project … meanwhile, celebrate your little successes!