BBQ Bart …

Summer is the time our family grill out quite a bit at our house or at friends’ houses. I’ve been looking for a fun card for such grilling events – either to thank our friends for having us over or to invite them to our house.  BBQ Bart that Crissy Armstrong has drawn is so perfect. So here he is.

I have always colored Bart with Copic markers – but my coloring of him has always been rather flat. Recently, I found that Crissy actually did an amazing tutorial on her website about how she created scales on Bart and her coloring of Bart is absolutely divine. So I’m going to try and give Bart some life by trying out Crissy’s blender pen scales effect. I hope it brings some justice to Crissy’s awesome illustration.

And don’t forget to try out for Crissy’s Team – click here for more info.

Added on July 14 @ 10.30pm – Bart Take 2:

I love coloring Bart so much I decided to color him again – in pink – just to see if he looked nice as a girl (sorry Crissy, I changed his gender). And this time, I also gave him a pina colada. Here he/she is …

Challenge entered:

Sundays with Crissy – DT Call

Meljen Challenge

Color Me Creative

Pile it on – blender pen scales

Simon Says Stamp

Tuesday Throwdown

Fussy and Fancy Challenge

Copic Creations

The Shabby Tea Room

Simon Says Stamp

Pile It On

Comments

1. Liz says:

I am in LOVE with this card! The dragon is absolutely adorable.

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!

-Liz

2. Adorably done! I love your framing and your “scales” on Bart. The whole card is really cute!

3. d says:

This image makes me laugh!! I love your card. thanks for sharing it with us at TT Tthis week :)

4. ha ha ha, ok, she can be “Bartina” then, ha ha ha. She is cute in pink!

5. Shirley says:

The are both just too too cute and adorable for words! That may be cross dressing too! ha! Still so very cute!

6. Ann D. says:

Beautiful coloring!!! I love both of the cards! I found your blog over at CMC. :)

7. Melanie says:

Your cards are just too adorable. I love her in pink. Thank you for joining us at CMC Copic challenge.

8. oh How cute! I love the coppice technique you used with the spots on this cutie! Thank you for joining us CMC
    Michele

9. I love this image! You colored Bart beautifully!

Thank you for joining our “Buttons & Bows” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

–Cheryl–
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

10. Audrey G. says:

What an adorable card!!! That dragon is THE cutest!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Meljen’s Designs!
    audrey

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

11. Melissa says:

These are just too cute! Love the colors and layout! Your coloring is awesome!! :) Good luck with the DT call!!!

12. This is so cute! I love how you’ve colored him and I love the pink one!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen’s Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd’s Sentiments

13. Marcea says:

I am so happy you could join us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge and help us get over 1000 entries!!! Fabulous creation, really love your colours and gorgeous details. Good luck on our double give away!!!

-x-

• Guylaine says:

wouah! this is soooo beautiful. Amazing coloring… the saussage looks so real, mmmmm :)
      thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday

14. Brook says:

Cute, cute cards and I love the technique. I’ll have to try it sometime. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

15. trish says:

love everything about your creation. your coloring is wonderful, and I love all of the dots you added to your dragon. :) thanks for joining PIO.

16. Helen says:

These are both fabulous – love your colouring!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x