It’s been a while since I read a book or did a book review. So here is one that I recently read – Spellbinders Nestabilities Basics & Beyond.
- quite a few “outside the box” techniques on how to use your Spellbinders dies, beyond just running it through the machine as is.
- very cool and amazingly pretty projects using these techniques. Awesome eye candy!
What I’m not so enthused about: I don’t really know when I would actually do these projects
- like the candy bar wrapper on pg 28 – really … whomever I give candy to will just be ripping thru the wrapper before the candy actually leaves my hand!!
- There were also a couple of table top Christmas tree projects – not my thing. I can see myself trying it once in my lifetime just for fun; then what – probably never go near that project again. I mean how many table top Christmas trees do I need or want – I already have a regular floor size one?
All in all, I like this book – but I’m not overly impressed. I like the techniques section best – all 9 pages of it. It gives me creative ideas on how to use my Spellbinders dies – the one I spend lots of money on. So the more I use it, the better I feel about it. Here are techniques they feature in the book:
- regular die cutting (this one I do all the time)
- selective die cutting
- making a shaped card (this one I tried)
- making windows (this one I tried)
- making frames (this one I tried)
- stenciling (this one I tried)
- making tissue paper carnations (this one I tried)
- box top technique
- making a tree
- pyramid-image technique
- dimensional flowers
Bottom line – buy at your own risk if this is your thing. Oh and feel free to ask me more questions if you want to know more.