Good morning everyone,
For today’s Creative Vision post, I am sharing a tutorial on how to make a handmade flower. You know those shabby chic cards you see with handmade flowers, I love them and have always wanted to learn how to make it. When browsing the web, I found this lady who makes these really nice scalloped flowers. Her site is here. Her flower is gorgeous but since I have 2 left foot, I adapted her flower and made it foolproof for me.
Here is my flower – easy enough for a beginner so anyone can do it really. All you need are some basic crafting supplies:
- Scalloped punch (or scalloped die) – size of scallop determines size of flower.
- Tissue paper
1. Fold tissue paper in half and continuing folding it in half until you get about 12-15 layers.
(doesn’t have to be accurate and tissue doesn’t have to be new and uncreased – you are going to be scrunching it up anyways – yup I’m lazy like that)
2. Punch out a scallop from your folded tissue paper.
3.Punch two small holes in the center and thread twine through the holes and tie a knot.
4. Flip the knotted scalloped circle over and start gathering each layer of tissue towards the center.
5. Once all the layers are gathered, start pulling layers down one by one (starting from the outer layer) to form a flower.
Tada!!! You have your handmade flower. See I told you, couldn’t be easier than that. And very cheap too – a flower that looks like you actually bought it.
Here is the card I made with this flower.
I used the “CV0087 Wishing You” stamp set from Creative Clear Stamps.
Have a fun and creative rest of the week! I sure felt creative after making a flower from some bits of tissue paper I had laying around.