Masculine Christmas Card

Welcome again to another Tuesday Throwdown challenge,

Today’s challenge is to make a Christmas card for men/boys. Talk about a challenge!! I have a hard enough time making a masculine card; now I have distinguish holidays cards as feminine and masculine!!

Alright, I’m pulling up my sleeves and digging into this challenge – and here is my thought process. Masculine = brown, green (no pink); minimal flowers or ribbon unless it’s in something masculine like burlap, canvas or pinstripes. I guess I should also try to skip the pearls and bling.

So here is my attempt:

Our prize sponsor this week is Dude Time Doodles. Come play along, I want to see how you make your masculine Christmas cards. Tree image is from Dude Time Doodles; sentiment is from Inky Antics, DPs are from Authentique Papers (calendar print) and Crate Paper (Pinstripes). Flower was die cut on burlap.

Have a great day!!

Our Creative Corner

Comments

1. NanaConnie says:

Steph, I think you did a fabulous job with this masculine card! Love the papers and the red burlap circles are a great touch.

2. Benzi says:

We now know you make great, masculine cards. You did a super job and I really, really like that burlap flower. I want to do one now.

3. Cleota says:

Love the vintage feel your card has. I’ve posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page – be sure to check it out!!

Cleota
    DTD Dudette & Sponsor Coordinator

4. Wendy Jordan says:

This is fabulous Stephanie!!!

5. Deedee says:

Fantastic masculine card, Steph, and I loved reading about your logic in choosing colors, pieces, etc. Your burlap flower is so fun, too — yet another thing I’ll have to try!

6. sharon wheet says:

I love how you used that ‘rough’ fabric to create a ‘harder’ flower! and it continues the look of the red in the tree! fabulous work! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC