Good morning folks,
Like all mothers of young children (who are still in their cute stages, I might add), I’m love struck by my children. Even their temper tantrums are so adorable and I have to stop to take a picture. You think that makes her angrier that I’m taking a picture?? bwahahahahahaha!!!
With this layout, I tried going outside my comfort zone and used paint on my layout because I thought all that screaming deserves some muddy and messy painting. Well, like I said it’s outside my comfort zone, not one of those ideas that pan out IRL and I’m not comfortable with the end result at all.
Here are more details:
Patterned Paper: Tinkering Ink, Basic Grey, American Craft
Stamp: Stampendous (Elegant Borders, Amore Frame)
Stickers: Authentique Paper
Alpha: Alphabet Soup and scrabble tile
Paint/Ink: Claudia Helmuth, Ranger
Journaling Marker: Copic
Washi Tape: Queen & Co.
Heart: Tim Holtz
Ribbon/Twine: Webster’s Pages
Pearls/Gem: Mark Richards
Die: Papertrey Ink
Die cut machine: Sizzix
Sewing machine: Kenmore
Adhesive: Scotch & ThermoWeb
- Paint a frame on cardstock with white acrylic paint and let dry.
- Zig zag stitch patterned paper on white painted frame.
- Stamp flourishes from Elegant borders and border from Amore frame onto top left corner, middle right and bottom of layout.
- Affix title stickers to top of layout.
- Adhere photos to layout tucking in 2 strips of patterned paper strips to left of photo cluster.
- Attach some washi tape to bottom right of photo cluster, followed by titling alpha. Tuck some pearl topped ribbon under the “temper” title.
- Diecut banners and add journaling on it. Mount to layout with foam tape on every alternate journaling strip.
- Add twine and heart to the last journaling strip.
- Finish with fabric flowers to 2 corners of layout.
I’ll still keep this layout – it’s a reminder for me not to use it again or use it more sparingly. What have you done lately that is outside your comfort zone? Share please!